| Friend-ly School Express to the Library
With help from a grant from the Friends of the Libraries of Hawaii, FOLK is
providing funds for bus transportation from the Kona Elementary schools to
visit the Kailua-Kona Public Library, targeting second grade classes from
twelve local elementary schools.
● Hosted by the Kailua-Kona Library Children’s Librarian, Jennifer Losalio
to provide students with a Library tour.
● Teach students about the Library and its policies.
● Issue the students their own library cards.
● Reiterate the importance of reading.
● Make students aware of the resources available at the Library for both
their education and entertainment.
● Story reading
Here are some of the student thank you responses:
“Thanks for the money for the bus to the Library! I loved it, seriously I loved it! I
don’t think anybody else wrote this but I love to read so much that I would die if
I didn’t read for a week…”
“We went to the public library today. Thank you for making it possible. I
learned that we can learn about a lot of stuff and we can read about anything
“You are so kind to pay for the bus. I really enjoyed my time at the library. I
liked looking at all the cool books. I loved riding the bus, it’s so bumpy. Bonk,